Friday, March 11, 2011

Pre Maryland Fiber Party is a GO with Funky Nunofelting!

This has really been quite an exciting week!!  I'm thrilled because the 'PreMaryland Sheep and Wool Party" is happening at Seminole Sampler which is a wonderful quilt shop right next door to CloverHill Yarn Shop (In Cantonsville MD- about 25 min away from the festival)  I can't wait to see the fabric and thrums that are available! I might have to bring my pocketbook so I can buy something special to embellish my felting with!

We'll be doing an extended Funky Nuno Felting workshop- giving ample time for everyone to card their own batts on the workshop carders (Louet Classic, Strauch Mad Batt'r, Louet Elite and Fancy Kitty)  I will bring a large bin of fibers, novelty yarns and other goodies for you to use, as well as the needed bubble wrap, silk fabric and squirt bottle. I ask that you bring 2 towels and a pair of nylons or kneesocks you aren't going to use anymore.  Also, if you have any handspun or novelty yarn scraps or textured fabric you'd like to use/bring, we'll have a large table available for 'sharing' as well.

The workshop will begin after lunch at 12:30pm and run until 4:30pm- giving us enough time to clean up before the shop closes at 5.  Registration button is on the workshops page.   The cost is $50 for the workshop and all included materials. (cost is slightly discounted from normal workshop price to celebrate coming together for Maryland- more money for you to spend with the vendors at the show!)

Please RSVP on the  Facebook Page if you belong to FB so we can see who's joining in the fun!
I can't wait to see everyone in Maryland!  I'm down for a reservation at Clyde's in Columbia for crabcakes after the workshop too, if anyone wants to join me!

No comments: